Back pain is an uncomfortable symptom of certain diseases caused by overworked muscle tissue and other reasons. It develops when the structure of the spine, nerve tissue or skin changes. When some internal organs fail, it will produce painful feelings. Based on the location of the pain, one can assume which part of the body is damaged. If the symptoms have spread to both sides of the back, there are symptoms and you should contact a medical institution. The doctor will diagnose, determine the cause of the symptoms and eliminate the pain.
Causes of back pain
Approximately 80% of the population complains of spinal pain, which occurs more often during the development of the disease. The main cause of back pain is spinal injury:
- Osteomyelitis, characterized by damage to the bone marrow;
- Malignant tumor, manifested as lower back pain;
- Intervertebral hernia; Intervertebral disc displacement.
- Spinal fracture;
- Osteochondrosis and spinal stenosis;
- Chronic muscle pain;
- Damage to cartilage tissue.
The cause of this symptom has nothing to do with spine disease.
- Bleeding in the pelvic area;
- Compresses the nerve roots in the chest, causing pain during inhalation;
- There are a lot of blood cells in the retroperitoneal area;
- Ulcerative lesions, characterized by shoulder blade pain; Kidney system diseases; Gastrointestinal disease, causing unilateral pain;
- Gynecological diseases, back and waist muscle pain;
- tumor in the lung area;
- Visceral infectious diseases;
- Heart and blood vessel diseases; Stone formation in the kidney system;
- Inflammation of the joints;
- Dysfunction of organs located in the abdomen.
Types of back pain
Determine the cause of the pain according to the nature of the pain. There are several types of pain:
- During the process of squeezing the nerve, the disc is displaced; After the fall, the body is injured and requires surgical intervention;
- Visceral diseases;
- Deformities of the vertebrae.
Shooting acute pain requires medical attention. You will not be able to establish an accurate diagnosis on your own.
Pain in the waist area. Causes of pain in the dagger:
- Piriformis muscle tissue spasm;
- Three months of pregnancy;
- The inflammatory process of hypothermia.
Pull back pain
The lumbar spine develops under the influence of the following factors:
- Lumbar osteochondrosis;
- Intense sports activities;
- Being in an uncomfortable position for a long time;
- Injured old back.
Low back pain after training
Developed among professional athletes due to excessive muscle tissue tension. If your spine is injured after training, you need to rest your body and relax your muscles.
In order to determine the location of the lesion and determine the cause of the pain, the doctor
Perform a series of diagnostic tests. Retrieve memories from the patient, and consider the duration and intensity of pain development. The specialist palpates the back. Patients were assigned to donate blood and urine. You will need X-rays, computed tomography, MRI. If necessary, contrast radiography can be used. After receiving the results, the doctor will formulate a treatment plan.
Generally, clinics use the following diagnostic methods:
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Examination (a comprehensive examination of the body)
- Computer EEG
- Computer Spine Topography
- Double-sided scanning
- Ultrasound (ultrasound)
- CT (Computed Tomography)
Which doctor to contact
If you are concerned about chronic pain, please see an orthopedic doctor-most likely caused by a disease of the musculoskeletal system. If the pain is severe (in the form of low back pain), please make an appointment with a neurologist.
Low back pain treatment
If you experience severe pain, apply cold compresses until the doctor arrives. In order to get rid of the pain, you can take antispasmodics. The patient needs rest. To cure the disease, he prescribed medicine, physical therapy procedures, manual treatment methods, and massage procedures. If necessary, a medical corset can be used to reduce the burden on the lumbar and spine muscle tissue.
In severe cases and certain diseases (such as malignant tumors), surgical treatment is used.
In modern medical centers, the following methods are used to treat back pain:
- Manual therapy
- Massage therapy
- Orthopedic insoles
- Ozone therapy
- More information about the service
- SVF combination therapy
- Drug puncture
- Pediatric orthopedics clinical examination
If the disease that causes back pain is not treated, it may cause many complications:
- Due to acute pain, the patient becomes more difficult to walk;
- The function of the heart system, lungs, and gastrointestinal organs is destroyed;
- Migraine development, tinnitus and dizziness attacks;
- destroys the function of organs in the pelvic region;
- Paralysis of upper and lower limbs is possible.
Prevent back pain
To avoid back pain, please follow these guidelines:
- Timely treatment of diseases of the kidney system, gastrointestinal tract, spine and lungs;
- Avoid strenuous physical activity;
- Control the posture position;
- Sleep in the correct position, the bedding must be of high quality;
- Avoid sudden backward movement;
- Receive timely preventive examinations by doctors;
- Control your weight;
- Stop drinking and smoking, and take narcotic drugs;
- Eat a balanced diet;
- When sitting for a long time or spending time on the computer, do back exercises every hour;
- Take a chondroprotectant every 6 months.